Contribute to the planning of the roads, services and other infrastructure or propose a solution or a housing plan or design for a project. Currently we are working on a low-cost housing project in Kyanja for the NSSF. Click here for more.
Signup on our website, and post your suggestion, image, idea or proposal…
These will all be reviewed by the field participants and considered in the masterplans and schemes.
Urban development should be understood as a complex relationship of:
- General needs and values of the society
- Linkages with key areas and activities
- Specific requirements and aspirations of the various groups and interests comprising the society
- Available resources (financial, institutional and other capacities)
- Construction industry
- Market forces
- Policies and legal framework
- Proposal should be implementable.
You can participate by contributing to one of the following:
- Survey and carry out a feasibility study of the viability of re-development of this area, and if found viable:
- Review the existing Plans for the area
- Review the extent to which the Greater Kampala Master Plans affect Nansana.
- Prepare alternative Structure Plans and Detailed Plans for it to form the basis for urban growth
- Detail a part of the Plan mainly comprising of residential, commercial and mixed use areas
- Prepare a design of a selected housing development within the planned area to give a picture of the living environment
- Suggest solutions to the challenges of Informality and urban growth
- Provide a good and healthy environment for human life
- Provide a good environment for accessible cultural and public services
- Provide decent and inspiring urban and housing areas
- Provide decent and interesting areas for families to live, recreate and work
- Provide an inspiring residential environment
- Provide a sound infrastructure pattern
- Provide a framework for efficient and economic land use